Summer brings more than long days and beautiful weather, it brings street fairs and outdoor flea markets! Participating in local fairs is a fabulous way to “get out there” and meet your customers face-to-face and start making connections.
Is there a fair coming up in your neighborhood? Once you’ve signed up, there are a few things you need to consider:
- Create an impressive visual displays & signage that grabs people’s attention
- Give a juicy offer! It doesn’t hurt to give people a deal to try out your product. It could be free samples, 20% off, buy one get one free…etc are a big draw for customers
- Make ayment easy – use services like square to accept credit cards and have enough cash change on hand to last you the day
- Have lots of snacks and water. You need to stay refreshed and energized
- Make sure to bring a comfortable pair of shoes and chair to sit on
…. and of course, enough selection of your awesome product!
Watching people interact with your products, and being on-hand to answer (and ask!) questions, can provide you with invaluable information on the strengths and possible limitations of your product line. Being open to suggestions will help improve not only your selection, but your reputation and sales as well! You will also be surrounded by local artisans and brands who could end up as wonderful collaborators and support systems.
Here’s to getting out there!
Your Retail Product Mentor
p.s. A BIG, warm welcome to all of the new readers who joined our community! You are going to love the resources you will find here to help you make your product retail-ready… Enjoy!
p.s.s. If you live in the Brooklyn area, we will be participating in the 5th Ave Street Fair in collaboration with 2hFlowers.com on Sunday, May 20th 12-6pm. We will be debuting 3 exclusive floral design for Pink Olive along with a sweet deal for everyone who comes by the booth (167 Fifth Avenue Park Slope, NY 11217). See you there!